The town of North Crandon was incorporated by Ch. 67 of Laws of Wisconsin, 1901.
Created from territory of the towns of Crandon and Cavour.
[source: North Crandon Town file. Historical Municipal Records from the Office of the Secretary of State. Site maintained by the Municipal Boundary Review Team. https://mds.wi.gov/Home. Date accessed: April 4, 2021.]
[source: Forest Republican. March 28, 1901. page 1. The Digital Archives of the Crandon Public Library. http://crandonpublicwi.advantage-preservation.com/. Date accessed: April 4, 2021.]
The Town’s name was changed to Argonne on April 19, 1921.